winter guitar recording, day 3

The winter guitar recording session finished well on Tuesday. I’ve added some more photos to the photoset at flickr.

Overall, I was very pleased with how the recording session went. I ended up playing and recording all the pieces on Monday, then doing some critical listening and editing on Tuesday. I believe the record will consist of 8 or 9 pieces, although I have to make the final decision still.

One thing that’s affecting me a bit in terms of getting the record finished is a much-needed equipment repair. The second hinge on my 3-year-old Powerbook finally failed a couple months ago (the first hinge had broken over a year ago), so it’s off to PBParts in Arizona for repair. In anticipation of this, I’d bought a 200GB drive a little while back and got everything backed up, so it’s got a completely clean install of Mac OS X on it, and will be ready to do the other software installs once I get it back. Should feel like a new machine!

There’s still a lot of work left to do before the guitar record is out, however – I have to: come up with a final name for it, get the vellum inserts cut, then stamp them, finish designing the insert, get it printed, cut and folded, as well as finishing the actual audio editing and mastering. Whew!

I’ll post some more pictures of the rest of the process as it happens.